Monday, March 24, 2008

Searching for something new in more ways than one

It turned out that in the end the retail space that I had pined over did not happen. When I found out, I was upset, but I think I had already prepared myself subconsciously to be disappointed because, I didn't think it was the end of the world. I guess that all along I had the sneaking suspicion that the Worthington building space would never happen...and it didn't.

I have started my search a new and so far have found two prospective locations that would probably be even better than the Worthington building in both size and price. I suppose I must have been so focused on the one space that I totally blocked out other, better options completely from my view. So is life I suppose. I think it is in the nature of humankind to set our hearts on something so intently that sometimes we forget all else. Maybe I have learned my lesson.

On another note...I have been searching for a studio apartment in downtown SLC for the past few weeks and I think I have finally found one that is both affordable and adorable. I'm not going to mention the name of the place here because if I do end up moving there I would rather not have stalkers if you know what I mean...but I will post some pictures.

Cute right? I think the (obvious) problem with studio apartments is the fact that your bed is in the middle of the living room. However, there are ways around this. I was browsing the net and found some great ideas for living in a small space. Like this one from Apartment Therapy, Laura was a semifinalist in Apartment Therapy's "Smallest Coolest Apartment" contest and I just love what she did with her space! Although she lives in a studio apartment she was able to use design to make it seem far larger, and her bed area much more private.

I think if I end up getting a studio I'm going to do something like that with it but probably in different colors. Let me know what you think and make sure to check out Apartment Therapy!

No comments: