Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's been a while

Man, it's been a while. I was sick with pneumonia this past week, which sucked. Anyway, I'm back and doing better. I guess I should give an update regarding the store location situation since it has been over a week...

My dad and I are looking for a house to use as both a store location and as a place for me to live. We came upon this idea when we were looking at a retail space for lease close to the University of Utah and realized the rent was so high that we might as well put that money towards a house. It would solve the need for a store location and a living location. I love hitting two birds with one stone.

It would make my life so much easier to be able to live and work in the same building. My ideal house would be close to a major street or shopping district, have an interesting exterior (in both color and design), a large front window (for inventory display), bamboo flooring, interesting architecture, a lot of natural light, white walls (I want to be able to paint them myself with little fuss, and a full, finished basement (for me to live in).

I don't really expect the place I find to have all of those things but a girl can dream right? I think the biggest things I will need to keep an eye out for are the location of the house (of course), the amount of parking available and a big front window (no one will even know it is a store unless I can display it to the outside world).

Anyway...my dad and I are going to be looking at a few places later this week and I'll make sure to fill you in if anything exciting happens. Cross your fingers.

1 comment:

Design Moonshine said...

Hi Dana,
Congrats! You've won the Green Chic book! Please e-mail me with your address. Thanks!
All the Best,
Veronica
www.designsprout.com