Sunday, April 13, 2008

Great news

Remember that studio apartment I wrote about in an earlier post? Yeah...it's mine! I am feeling a kind of excitement I have never felt before. It is almost as if my whole life has changed and I'm a new person. Who would have thought that one rather insignificant (in the whole scheme of things) life alteration could make such a difference in my happiness. I think this feeling stems from the fact that even though I've been living "out of the house" for upwards of 2 years, I really haven't been in the sense of independence. My first time out on my own I was living in my mom's condo with some roommates and not my mom, it didn't really feel like I had left home at all, and the whole experience drove me crazy. After a year in that situation I moved into the dorms and well, let's just say I am not a dorm person. I haven't connected with anyone in my building and it's probably because they all seem so far from what I am that it hasn't been worth trying. Being in the dorms has also made me feel even less independent than when I was living in the condo. I don't feel like an adult here at all. I'm always having to report to someone and the roommate thing is awful. I guess I just must not be a people person.

Thus, having my own apartment is a dream come true. I have been having a hard time sleeping at night, ever since I found out the place was mine, thinking about how I will decorate it, what I will cook in my kitchen, where I will put the furniture, it is also so exciting! In fact, I have already gotten started on my interior design stuff and I don't even move in until May 1st...

My first design purchase was this print from Etsy seller Hidenseek




I cannot get over how darling it is, I think it will be a real conversation starter when people come into my place. Don't you think?

Well...that is all I have time for now so I will write more about my new place as things develop.


P.S. I looked at a building for the store on Friday, it was really beautiful but alas it was far too expensive. The quest continues.

No comments: